Warriors Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors Life

Welcome, kittypet, to Warriors Life. Take a look around, and if you have enough courage, join us...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Blackfeverr!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mephy
Administrator
Administrator
Mephy
Female

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 6:40 pm

This is a new illness that Sorrelstar currently has in the RP and I was wondering if others are interested in getting their cats sick with it too!

Although it is currently unnamed in the rp, its offical name is blackfever. Heres a list of all the symptoms of Blackfever: http://m.petmd.com/cat/conditions/respiratory/c_ct_pneumonia_bacterial
Because of its treatments, it means that it is lethal to the clans (unless you got extra lives on you or your cat is found by a vet)

If you dont know how to say the bacteria got into your cat, you could always say that they accidently ate some infected food c:

Anyone else interested in getting their characters ill?
Back to top Go down
Roseheart
Warrior
Warrior
Roseheart
Female

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:12 pm

DONT MAKE ME SICK! But can there be any herbal way to save them? Like, a really rare herb that only grows in a botanic garden in Twolegplace? Maybe Snowdrops, Wollemi pine needles, or a specific poppy seed, Somniferum to be exact?
Back to top Go down
Owl
Warrior
Warrior
Owl
Female

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:40 pm

Well honestly it would take generations to figure out the cure because its so new. It can't be curable just like that. It was just introduced. I think for now it should be labeled as Lethal, uncurable Blackfever and maybe down the line be curable. But this give the people who have cats they may not like to roleplay a chance to get rid of them as well.
Back to top Go down
Mobius 1
Global Mod
Global Mod
Mobius 1
Male

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Hm... I have a bit of an odd idea. Cleargaze, she's a dark forest cat  of mine, but what would happen if she caught it in the dark forest somehow?
Back to top Go down
Owl
Warrior
Warrior
Owl
Female

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Honestly I'm not sure thats possible because you don't hear of Starclan getting sick and Starclan is basically the same as the Dark Forest. I mean heaven and hell so to speak. But what are your thoughts on that Mephy?
Back to top Go down
Roseheart
Warrior
Warrior
Roseheart
Female

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:22 pm

I know, i meant that later on in years for the cure. Our cats will all be dead by then.
Back to top Go down
Mephy
Administrator
Administrator
Mephy
Female

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 7:01 pm

Roseheart wrote:
DONT MAKE ME SICK! But can there be any herbal way to save them? Like, a really rare herb that only grows in a botanic garden in Twolegplace? Maybe Snowdrops, Wollemi pine needles, or a specific poppy seed, Somniferum to be exact?
It will be incurable, since clan cats cannot understand that it is caused by bacteria in the respiratory system.
"Medication is necessary in cases of bacterial pneumonia; the proper antimicrobial can be selected based on results of bacterial cultures taken from a tracheal wash, for example. Additional treatment depends on the severity of signs. If multiple symptoms occur, such as anorexia, high fever, and weight loss, your cat will be actively treated in a hospital to start.

If respiratory distress is apparent, oxygen therapy may be necessary. To avoid dehydration, the veterinarian may recommend administering electrolytes by intravenous (IV) fluid therapy."

Clan cats do not have access to this technology whatsoever, nor can they tell how much bacteria CFU's(Colony Formation Unit) are there. But since it cannot be cured, it will only come maybe once a year or so?

Mobius 1 wrote:
Hm... I have a bit of an odd idea. Cleargaze, she's a dark forest cat  of mine, but what would happen if she caught it in the dark forest somehow?

It sounds like an interesting idea, but how would it work out though since spirits cannot contract any physical illnesses?
Back to top Go down
Mobius 1
Global Mod
Global Mod
Mobius 1
Male

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 8:05 pm

Well, currently I have at lease these three possibilities:

1. When Cleargaze died, her body had contracted the disease and her dark forest body somehow adopted and simulated the symptoms of the disease. 

2. Cleargaze somehow communicated with the rouge who killed her when he had contracted the disease and somehow passed it to her spiritual body. 

3. Cleargaze found someone who had the disease and was able to cure the cat by taking the disease into her dark forest body.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More Blackfeverr! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Blackfeverr!   More Blackfeverr! Empty

Back to top Go down

More Blackfeverr!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warriors Life :: ~ T H E - C L A N S - R O L E P L A Y :: Create A Cat :: RP Chat-