Warriors Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors Life

Welcome, kittypet, to Warriors Life. Take a look around, and if you have enough courage, join us...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Battle Techniques

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Battle Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Battle Techniques   Battle Techniques EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Back Kick
Explosive surprise move to catch opponent from behind. Judge opponent's distance from you carefully; then lash out with your back legs, taking your weight on your front paws.

Belly Rake
A fight-stopper. Slive with unsheathed claws across soft flesh of opponent's belly. If you're pinned down, the belly rake quickly puts you back in control.

Front Paw Blow
Frontal attack. Bring your front paw down hard on your opponent's head. Claws sheathed.

Front Paw Strike
Frontal attack. Slice downward with your front paw at the body or face of your opponent. Claws unsheathed.

Killing Bite
A death blow to the back of the neck. Quick and silent and sometimes considered dishonorable (see Warrior Code). Used only as a last resort.

Leap-and-Hold
Ideal for a small cat facing a large opponent. Spring onto opponent's back and grip with unsheathed claws. Now you are beyong the range of your opponent's paws and in position to inflict severe body wounds. A group of apprentices can defeat a large and dangerous warrior in this way. It was deployed to great effect against BloodClan's deputy, Bone. Watch for the drop-and-roll countermove, and try to jump free before you get squashed.

Partner Fighting
Warriors who have trained and fought together will often instinctively fall into a paired defensive position, each protecting the other's back while fending off an opponent on either side. Slashing, clawing, and leaping together, battle pairs can be a whirlwind of danger for attackers.

Play Dead
Effective in a tight situation, such as when you are pinned. Stop struggling and go limp. When your opponent relaxes his grip, thinking you are defeated, push yourself up explosively. This will throw off an unwary opponent and put you in an attacking position.

Scruff Shake
Secure a strong teeth grip in the scruff of your opponent's neck; then shake violently until he or she is too rattled to fight back. Most effective against rats, which are small enough to throw. A strong throw will stun or kill them.

Teeth Grip
Target your opponent's extremities—the legs, tail, scruff, or ears—and sink in your teeth and hold. This move is similar to the leap-and-hold except your claws remain free to fight.

Upright Lock
Final, crushing move on already weakened opponent. Rear up on back legs and bring full weight down on opponent. If opponent does same, wrestle and flip him under you. This move makes you vulnerable to the belly rake, so requires great strength and speed.
Back to top Go down

Battle Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Techniques   Battle Techniques EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:44 pm

Ohh this is really cool Snow! I will use this
Back to top Go down

Battle Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Techniques   Battle Techniques EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 5:48 pm

Thanks! I found this a while back and given it to a few sites I was part of. Finally I got a chance to make this though for this site! :D
Back to top Go down
Mushroomtail
Global Mod
Global Mod
Mushroomtail
Female

Battle Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Techniques   Battle Techniques EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:18 am

This is so helpful.....I did not even notice this before.....Hey! Now I have something for a help of Yewpaws a bit....hehe Thanks for making this snow!~ grr How am I not seeing this way before....ugh whatever.....
Back to top Go down

Battle Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Techniques   Battle Techniques EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:54 am

Yup, no problem! I wanted to encourage more apprentice training and this would probably help! ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Battle Techniques Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle Techniques   Battle Techniques Empty

Back to top Go down

Battle Techniques

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warriors Life :: ~ T A L L S T O N E :: Forum Library :: Guides-