Warriors Life
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warriors Life

Welcome, kittypet, to Warriors Life. Take a look around, and if you have enough courage, join us...

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Indenting Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Is this useful?
Very much! Thanks for making it!
Indenting Guide I_vote_lcap50%Indenting Guide I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Yeah! It's Great!
Indenting Guide I_vote_lcap50%Indenting Guide I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
It's okay, I guess...
Indenting Guide I_vote_lcap0%Indenting Guide I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It's awful!
 0% [ 0 ]
Don't make more guides!
 0% [ 0 ]
I'm confused!
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
DoctorWhovian
Deputy
Deputy
DoctorWhovian
Female

Indenting Guide Empty
PostSubject: Indenting Guide   Indenting Guide EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:04 pm

▀▀I personally hate how hard it is to indent on forums, so I'll show you the trick I use. I'll also show you how to use it on other forums. However, it can be very tricky!

▀▀ I know some of you are very organizational, and not really being able to indent on here really bothers me. However, my clever little mind discovered how to do it. You can't just put a bunch of spaces because forum will delete more than one, so how do you indent?

▀▀ I use the coloring trick. If you highlight my text, you will see that there are blocks where you'd indent. ▀ It looks like this, right? This is what I use, but you can actually use anything other than spaces.
aaaaaa See? Now for this paragraph, I'm using 'a's. To get those blocks though, you can either copy and paste them, or you can press and hold alt while typing in '223' using the numbers to the right on your keyboard. Make sure your Number Lock is on!

▀▀Now what color do I use for this forum? Because the background color is what it is on this forum, you have to use this color code: [color=#001013]. However, it might change and you will have to change the code.

▀▀So how did you figure this out? Well, I wanted to make my text invisible on the Chat, so I took a screenshot. (Press printscreen) After that, I pasted the picture on PAINT. I used this tool (Mouse over it and it says 'Pick Color') and I clicked on the background color of the forum that the text appears on. After doing that, click 'Colors', then 'Edit Colors', then 'Define Custom Color'. Your color should now appear on the Edit Colors pop-up. It tells you the 'Hue', 'Sat', 'Lum', 'Red', 'Green', and 'Blue'. Use THIS WEBSITE to get the color code! And then WHA-LAH! You got your color code to use on other forums!

But, if you just want to indent on this website, use this:
Code:
[color=#001013]▀▀[/color]
Back to top Go down
Kemi
Leader
Leader
Kemi
Female

Indenting Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indenting Guide   Indenting Guide EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Awesome, Mags! x3 You will have to change the color of the indentations, though, if we change the background color. Lol! But I probably won't for a while, otherwise It will mess up a lot of my other things (like the widgets) that I have colored....
Back to top Go down
DoctorWhovian
Deputy
Deputy
DoctorWhovian
Female

Indenting Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indenting Guide   Indenting Guide EmptyFri Jul 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Since the colors changed, you have to change the color now. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
*~Sybaneesha-Elf~*
Warrior
Warrior
*~Sybaneesha-Elf~*
Female

Indenting Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indenting Guide   Indenting Guide EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 8:25 pm

This is very helpful.
(LOL.I just picked the closest color to the background color that there was.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Indenting Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Indenting Guide   Indenting Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Indenting Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warriors Life :: ~ A R T I S T I C - C A T S :: Writings-